Friday 30 August 2013

Cannellini Bean Salad with Salsa Verde

Oh i'm so sorry for the lack of posts.  All will return to normal in September when I go back to uni.  Well, for the first two weeks no because I won't have a kitchen as I'll be sleeping at my friends' because my rent doesn't start until the 15th.  But I'll make an effort to update more regularly!
 
Don't you just hate it when you buy a pack of herbs for a recipe, you use 3 leaves and you're left with the rest rotting in your fridge? A week later, you decide to garnish a soup with some parsley and you see that what was once beautifully vibrant and green, is now a flaccid yellow.

I've bought pots of herbs several times, but their lifetime seems to be shorter than the packs I put in the fridge.  I never know when to water them and if it's too much.  Plus I live in Scotland where would they get enough sunlight?

But I've learned.  I hate throwing food away, and I've learned that every time I buy a pack of herbs, I end up making a salsa verde of some sort.
 See, it's essentially just a bunch of herbs and some olive oil and other spices.  Put a clove of garlic, some anchovies, capers, or even bread crumbs.  I put in some sun-dried tomatoes.   This is a great sauce for a number of things, you can dress any normal vegetables or beans or salads with this.  You could even spread it on bread or put it in a sandwich.



Ingredients
1/2 garlic clove
1 large handful of flat leaf parsley
1 large handful of basil
2 pieces of sun dried tomatoes in oil
Olive oil
White wine viengar
1 jar of cannellini beans, drained.  

Method
Put the garlic, parsley, basil and sun dried tomatoes in a food processor.  Add a bit of white wine vinegar to taste, then add olive oil, until you reach your desired consistency. 

Mix with cannellini beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner