Saturday 24 March 2012

Cold Sesame Noodles (凉拌麻酱面)

It's warm and it's sunny -- oh so incredibly sunny. It's the start of my favorite couple of months in Britain.  It honestly doesn't take much to make me happy, good weather, good food, good company -- It may be that bad time of the month for me, I may have an Economics essay I need to stress about, I may have to catch up on some readings for Psychology, and by some I mean about 200 pages. But it's okay, it's 18 degrees, it's not windy, the sunshine is blinding, and I'm on holiday. 
You can imagine why I love picnics so much.  I love being outdoors and I love good food. So here's something different for your picnic basket -- ditch your finger sandwiches and cous cous salads, try some cold sesame noodles!


Total time: 5 min  Serves: 1  Suitable for: express lunches

Ingredients
100g egg noodles/rice noodles 
1 tbsp sesame paste*
1/2 tbsp soya sauce 
1/2 tbsp sesame oil 
1/4 tsp sugar 
1/4 tbsp rice vinegar/white wine vinegar 
2 tbsp cold water 
1 clove of garlic, minced 

Optional:
cucumber, peeled and julienned 
carrots, peeled and julienned
chicken, cooked and shredded

*If you don't have sesame paste, you can replace with tahini with a bit more sesame oil.  Or add some peanut butter.

Method
1. Blanch the noodles in hot water until cooked, drain.
2. Whisk all the other ingredients together and mix with noodles. Served cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner