Monday 25 March 2013

Linguini with Zucchini, Pine Nuts & Goat Cheese

I love cooking for other people.  I'm currently staying with my sister and her husband in New York and sometimes she's lazy and asks me to cook for them, and I happily oblige. 


Maybe I should just be a house cook.  A private cook for some rich family.  I don't like cooking for myself, it's lonely.  And I'm too much of a health freak to cook for myself and other people all the time.  I want to make cracking pork belly and desserts with a ridiculous amount of butter and sugar, but I'm happy with just a bite, I want other people to enjoy the entire dish. 

Job offers anyone? 




I'm currently in university with a lot of very capable people.  They're going places.  I'm feeding them now for free, so maybe in a few years time they'll be able to afford me as a private cook. 

Seriously.

Also, I know this looks like a lot of pasta, it probably was.  Just do 80g for one person, I think that was like 140g.


Serves 1
Ingredients
80g linguini 
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 medium zucchini, diced to 5mm cubes
1 tbsp pine nuts
about 1/2 cup parmesan
about 2 tbsp goats cheese

Method
Bring a big pot of water with about 1tbsp of salt to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until very very al dente - you need to still cook it afterwards.  So drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. 

fry the shallot until translucent, then add the garlic and zucchini.  Fry with a little bit of the pasta water until softened, about 3-4 minutes

Add the pine nuts and fry for another 2 minutes. 



Add the pasta, toss and add a bit of the pasta water.  Add the cheeses and fry, adding more pasta water if needed.  Season and serve. 


2 comments:

  1. When I publish my best seller and become incredibly rich and famous, this is my unbreakable vow that I will hire you as my private chef. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner