Friday 12 April 2013

Almond, Chestnut & Fig Jam Thumbprint Cookies

I have a friend that's allergic to wheat, rice, prawns, corn, dairy - and I think some other stuff.  So... I took up the challenge to make her some cookies. 

These are pretty much allergy-free.  Well, I'm sorry if you're allergic to nuts. 

I shared these cookies with quite a few of my friends, and one of them, Anushi, loved them.  It's people like her that make me feel better.  There are days when I feel like a failure, but then I share my food and some people really enjoy them, and then it's all better.  At least I can make some people happy through food.  She really liked them. 


They're surprisingly good actually. Chestnut, almond and fig - good combination eh?  I'm quite happy with myself for that. Hah.  My little moments of joy. 



Makes about 25 cookies  
Adapted from here
Ingredients
3/4 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup chestnut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
fig jam

Method
Preheat oven to 170C.  Line and grease a baking tray. 

Mix the dry ingredients together. Then mix in the oil and agave nectar until a dough forms. 

Form little balls.  About the size of 1 tsp.  Using your thumb, depress the center of each ball.  Spoon the tiniest little bit of jam into each depression.  Wet your fingers so you can press the jam down a bit.  About 1/4 tsp of jam into each depression.

Put them on the baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or a bit less, just until the edges are brown.  Put on a rack and leave to cool before you eat them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner