Saturday 2 November 2013

Miso Raspberry Pistachio Lentil Salad

Firstly

Competition is still on!  Less than 24 hours to go, like my page, follow me on twitter and post a potential nut butter flavor on my facebook timeline.  For more information, check this post

Ok so.

Food is always on my mind.  Sometimes I genuinely feel like I may have ADHD because I have such difficulties focusing.  I'd be in lectures, or in a conversation with someone, and suddenly my mind would go to food.  Ingredients, combinations, flavors, colors, plating.  It always goes to food. 

So I was in a very interesting class about face perception and attraction and I started thinking about raspberries.  Raspberries in savory dishes.  Not a sauce that goes with meat, but just something light.  And then I created this little ingredient spider diagram in my head with one of the spider legs ending with miso and raspberries.


What I do when I have a new idea is google.  Because unfortunately I can't be the first one to think of a revolutionary food pairing -- if it hasn't happened yet, it's likely that an amateur cook like me can't make the pairing taste good.



So as it turns out, miso's in everything.  I found some miso-raspberry salad dressings, tweaked them, tossed the dressing with some lentils, veggies and pistachios and voila.

Beautiful photos - credits to my friend Victoria.  I'm so fortunate to have so many photographer friends. 



Serves 2
Ingredients
4 oz raspberries
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
olive oil
miso paste

small handful pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
small handful fresh raspberries
100g lentils
1/2 large leek, thinly sliced

Method
Put the raspberries and white wine vinegar in a pot and bring to a simmer.  Turn off heat and leave for a couple of minutes.

In the mean time, cook the lentils according to package instructions, then drain.



Drain the white wine vinegar from the raspberries, then add olive oil and miso paste to taste. 

Add some oil in a pan and fry the leeks until softened. Stir in the lentils, dressing, raspberries and chopped pistachio nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner