Thursday 17 September 2015

Multi-Seed Spelt Crackers

I have an obsession with these multi-seed Norwegian crispbreads or knekkebrød.  I went through a phase of oat cakes, then Ryvita and now these.  The crackers I made featured in this post aren't exactly like those but I tried.  My Norwegian boyfriend is my supplier of knekkebrød but he can't keep up with my demand unfortunately and so sometimes I resort to making my own cracker equivalent.
 When I say I have an obsession, I mean I seriously snack on these like mad. I snack a lot when I'm anxious - I have two very bad habits when I'm anxious: I eat (I've basically exhausted the weekly fruit supply at our office) and I rip my nails.  I know, it's not pretty.  But anyway, my thoughtful supplier has recently sent me a surprise package of knekkebrød so I can live off those for a while.  Prior to that, however, I made these and I was surprisingly satisfied.  I've tried numerous cracker recipe and they've been merely alright.  These are fab.

Makes two medium trays of crackers
Ingredients
50g pumpkin seeds
50g chia seeds
50g sesame seeds
70g oat bran
150g spelt flour
7g salt
150g water
50g olive oil

Method
Preheat oven to 180C.  Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil and water and slowly add to the dry ingredients until it all comes together. 

Roll out to about 1-2mm thick, cut into desired shapes.  Place on a grease-proof paper-lined tray and bake for about 30 minutes.  They'll crisp up more when they cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner