Thursday 9 February 2012

Coconut Almond Truffles

These are quite sweet and rich, so make sure you make them small and you eat them with some tea or bitter coffee.
My mom drinks a cappuccino every afternoon and needs to drink it with a sweet. She can't drink it alone.  It's nice, other than that my mom's a total health freak whose diet consists mainly of soups and steamed vegetables.  Bless her, she's a great cook, just doesn't cook much anymore.  She used to love experimenting with recipes, but the only problem was she never noted them down.  She'd make it for the sake of making it and then just lose the recipe.  I suppose I got that from her, thank goodness for this blog.  I remember she had a coconut cookie phase and experimented with these recipes, oh how much I loved them. I remember bringing them to school and sharing it with my classmates --- it's still how I make friends today.  After awhile she's stopped and to this day I still have not acquired the recipe for those delicious, soft, chewy coconut cookies.

These are nothing like those, this is just coconut, almonds, condensed milk and vanilla.  Mmm healthy, I know.
Ingredients
400g desiccated coconut
1 can condensed milk
almonds
1 tsp vanilla

Method
Mix the coconut and the condensed milk until well incorporated and then form into little balls. Put an almond in each of the ball and chill in the fridge until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner