Wednesday 18 September 2013

Matcha and Orange Baked Oatmeal

I'M ALL MOVED IN!  Finally. It's such a beautiful house and I have such a wonderful relationship with my flatmate where she pretty much just lets me cook everything and she'll eat it -- it's ideal, don't worry, she's not taking advantage of me.  Every morning we have breakfast together, then lunch and dinner, I can't imagine having as good of a relationship with a man.
So, anyway, I've settled in, everything's good.  The kitchen's good but I'm still trying to figure out the oven.  As you can see from the photos, one side of my breakfast today is burnt....  Currently I'm baking cookies and I think that my oven is..... I think it's only a grill... I think the heat is only coming from above.. Oh God this is going to be a long year...



Serves 2
Ingredients
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp matcha powder
1 egg
1/4 cup milk of choice
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
1/2 small orange, thinly sliced

Method
Preheat the oven to 180C. 

Mix the oats, baking powder, salt and matcha together in a bowl.  In another bowl, beat the egg with milk, yogurt and honey. 

Pour the wet mixture into the dry one and mix well. 

Grease two small ramekins or one small baking dish.  Pour half of the mixture into the dish and layer with half of the orange slices.  Then pour in the other half and layer the rest of the orange slices on top. 

Bake for 20-30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner