Friday 27 September 2013

Simple Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

Guys, download the Martha Stewart Cookies App.  It's so pretty.  I really appreciate good-looking applications, especially on my iPad.  Nothing like cooking to a beautifully designed recipe page on a  9.7 inch 2048x1536 resolution at 264 ppi screen.
 These simple coconut macaroons is just a matter of mixing in the ingredients, putting them in greased muffin cups and baking them. 

These aren't very sweet.  I served them with my zabaione at a dinner party, but you can dust them icing sugar and they become perfect with coffee and tea.  The original recipe also included flaked almonds.  On a side note, I managed to throw a dinner party for 8 people for £8.   Homemade pizzas, flatbreads, spreads and sauces along with a lentil salad.  Mmm.  I don't know what I'm doing with my life, I keep cooking and hosting these dinner parties (I know I usually do, but for the past week, despite the lack of blog posts, I've been cooking loads and not studying much...)


makes a dozen standard muffin-sized cookies
Recipe from Martha Stewart
Ingredients
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
7 oz shredded coconut

Method
Preheat oven to 180C.

Grease a muffin tin with butter.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.  Spoon the mixture into prepared cups and press in gently. 

Bake for 20-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner