Thursday 24 October 2013

Roasted Broccolini with Lemongrass & Peanut Butter

I'm Italian.  I grew up with olive oil on everything.  Shallow-frying, deep-frying, Chinese food, Japanese food - always extra-virgin olive oil.  No it's not extravagant or anything, it's just...the way it is.  My grandparents used to make their own olive oil and they had so much that they would have to give them away - hence no tears were shed when they used it for deep-frying arancini balls. 

I grew up loving the taste of olive oil in everything -- even in Chinese food, I love that subtle olive undertone, that's true fusion right there.  And if it's anywhere more commonly used, it's used for roasting vegetables. 



And then lately I've been opening up to new oils, especially rapeseed oil.  I use it for all my nut butters just because it's completely neutral, but then I came across this brand, Supernature, that does the most amazing flavors.  All cold pressed healthy rapeseed oil, but they've got intriguing things like lemongrass, ginger, orange, lemon, rosemary, thyme, basil and everything else you can think of.  Now I had gotten this lemongrass-infused rapeseed oil and it blew me away.  I used it to roast broccolini with some peanut butter and brown sugar and oh dear it's good. 

This is a fantastic dressing for roasting all sorts of vegetables.  Use it for cold salads too.  Or even dipping sauces.



Ingredients
300g broccolini
3 tbsp lemongrass-infused rapeseed oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp brown sugar

Method
Preheat oven to 180C.

Whisk the dressing ingredients together with plenty of salt and pepper.  Toss with broccoli and spread on a tray.  I've lined it with tin foil for easier cleaning.  Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly charred.

1 comment:

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner