Wednesday 16 May 2012

Pea and Miso Soup

Pea and mint is always the classic soup isn't it?  Miso worked quite well here.  This soup's really simple, I just used what I had, so miso, garden peas and spring onions.  It could benefit with more spice, perhaps some ginger to fry it off along with the spring onions in the beginning to give it that extra kick.  Some lime juice and zest.  Some cream at the end.  Possibilities are endless as usual!  Miso could work quite well in a mushroom soup as well.  Or something fishy.  Hmm. I'll experiment.  It's cold all year round here in Scotland so I drink soup on a regular basis.  I like making these spring-like soups when it's cold, especially now.  I feel like if I have those heart-warming heavy potato soups, it just reinforces the fact that it's still winter in the middle of May.



Serves 1
Ingredients
300g frozen peas
2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
3/4 tbsp miso paste dissolved in 1 cup of warm water

Method
Fry the spring onions in a pan until fragrant.  Add the frozen peas and fry for a couple of more minutes before adding the miso water.  Turn the heat down to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.  Blend until smooth.


1 comment:

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner