Saturday 19 May 2012

Roasted Veg Quinoa Salad

I came to a sad realization last night.  These beautiful photos are mostly taken by my flatmate, Sarah.   Sarah will be leaving me next year.  Obviously that fact saddens me for many reasons, but last night I realized -- what will become of Happy Belly?
Perhaps I need a boyfriend who is into photography.  I could invest in a nice camera, but it seems like a waste of money as I would only be taking photos of my food... Anyway, enjoy these beautiful photos while you can, soon they may just be photos with terrible composition and lighting and.... *sigh*.  Just eat some healthy quinoa.


Serves: 2
Ingredients
1/2 cup quinoa
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander

1/2 aubergine, cubed
1/2 courgette, cubed
1 small bunch basil
extra virgin olive oil

Method
Toss the aubergine and courgette in plenty of olive oil and salt and bake in the oven at 200C for 20-30 minutes until tender.
Rinse your quinoa in water a couple of times.  Toss the quinoa in the spices, add water, and put in a large pot and bring to a boil.
Cover with lid, turn the heat down and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Turn the heat off and leave it alone for 5 more minutes.
Lift the lid and fluff your quinoa with a fork.
Toss with some extra virgin olive oil, roasted vegetables and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner