Monday 5 November 2012

Parmesan Celery Salad

Whoa I'm behind.  First November post on the 5th, not good, not good.  I had a mini holiday.   I went to Edinburgh for three days, splurged and didn't do any work.  As guilty as I feel, since I'm behind on so many things, it was fantastic.  I really needed it. 
I haven't been cooking much lately because..well.  See this is the problem with having a public blog, I can't really say whatever I want.  I can't really rant about certain people and situations involving certain people, so I'll just talk about this delicious salad.

It's from 101 cookbooks, which is an amazing food blog.  The photos on the site are much better than the one I have here, I know, the colors are a bit harsh... I don't know why I didn't notice this when I was editing this photo on Photoshop. Ah well, enjoy. 


Recipe from here
serves 4-6 or just 1 in my case
Ingredients
8 large celery stalks, stripped of strings
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
1 1/2 cups / 10 oz / 285 cooked cannellini or garbanzo beans, heated
3 tablespoons currants (or golden raisins)
1/2 cup / 1 1/2 oz / 40 g sliced almonds, deeply toasted
sea salt
freshly chopped herbs (or herb flowers), or reserved celery leaves

Method
Slice the celery stalks quite thinly - 1/8-inch or so. Then, in a small bowl, make a paste with the olive oil, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Set aside. In a large bowl toss the heated beans with the olive-Parmesan mixture. When well combined, add the celery, currants, and most of the almonds. Toss once more. Taste and add a bit of salt if needed. Serve in a bowl or platter topped with herb flowers and/or celery leaves.

1 comment:

  1. On the last month we thought to do new. Author was working. You should make blog because people can know information. Offer of NordVPN You can explore new blog and youtubers who give information about them.

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner