Tuesday 31 March 2015

Matcha, Ginger & Sesame Granola

So many green recipes lately - and it's all right after St Patrick's Day.  Oh well, I'll remind everyone of these next year.  I woke up early this morning to make these so that I could take a photo them while there was still natural light.  That's what I've been having to do in the winter and in the deep dark days of January it meant that I could only take photos in my lunch break #lifeinBritain.  However,  to my surprise, I got home at 7pm today and it was still bright out.  Okay, "bright" is a strong word but there was still light.  It's still cold, and it was windy as f*ch today BUT all is looking up because it's brighter. 

More and more granola recipes.  It's easy and it's tasty.  Reminds me of the days in university when I would be studying for exams and all I would consume was coffee and granola.  Good healthy days.  I miss university.  I look at the young graduates now at their graduation and think -- congratulations on getting through the easiest part of life.

Also, okay, I used to not buy granola because I thought it was loaded with sugar and fat and that I would just consume an entire bag in one setting -- but now it's easy to find healthy granola, however my god they're expensive.  Make your own.  I've got so many recipes to inspire you #shamelessselfpromotion
Makes 3.5 cups
Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp matcha powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup or other sweeteners)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped

Method
Preheat the oven to 150C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix together the oats, salt and matcha. 

Melt the coconut oil and honey together and pour over the oats mixture.  Stir well and stir in the sesame seeds and candied ginger. 

Spread evenly on the baking tray and bake for around 25 minutes.  Leave to cool before consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner