Tuesday 29 January 2013

Better than Guacamole

 So I had kept this little notebook filled with recipe ideas for some time back many summers ago.  Ok I think it may have been just last summer.  But anyway, I had forgotten about it so it feels like it was many summers ago that I had jotted down all these ideas that I just found in places.  It all became a bit disorganized with veggie burger ideas on one page and doodles of ice cream on the next.  But I found it and looked through it and found a list of "sandwich ideas" that were accompanied by various sketches of sandwiches.  The sandwich list, like many other lists in the notebook, is a compilation of recipes I've seen all around, but mainly in magazines.   I believe this avocado recipe was in one of the Jamie Oliver magazines. 

Oh at one point I subscribed to Jamie Oliver's magazine and seeing them in my mailbox was the highlight of my month for the entire academic year.  Jamie warmed up my winter blues.


And now I'm now subscribed to Bon Appetit!  But it's only on my iPad, which isn't the same.  I like mail.  I wish people would send me more things by post.  If you would like to send me a post card expressing how much you just love Happy Belly, which I know you are dying to do, please feel free to email me and I'll give you my address. 


This was a delicious mixture, which I suppose just resembles guacamole, but it's got mint and oregano and a generous amount of olive oil.   I know it's a bold claim, but in my very humble opinion, this tastes better than guacamole.  Very, very humble opinion.  Oh I <3 Jamie.    

Aaaand these were wrapped in homemade wholewheat tortilla, hence the..rusticness.  

Take the measurements in this recipe with a pinch of salt as I just kept adjusting as I went along.  

Serves 3
Ingredients
1 avocado
1 big garlic clove
a bunch mint, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp oregano
olive oil
 
Method
Mix all the ingredients together and adjust the amount.  Wrap in tortillas or put in sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner