Friday 7 June 2013

Applesauce Whole Wheat Pancakes


Bah I have no measuring tools.  I've been using my glasses as measurements but I don't know what half a cup is.  You'd think I'd know after making pancakes for myself with 1/2 cup measurements 4 days a week for the past year, but no, no. No idea.  The thing is, my problem is portion control.  If you place me at a buffet I can eat them out of business.  My stomach knows no limits, and that's why I like to measure everything and make sure I'm eating healthy portion sizes.  So to be safe, with my small glass, I'm... I think I could be just doing 1/4 cups, I don't know.  The point is, because of that, look at how flat these sad pancakes are. 


They were yummy but I would've liked them to be fluffier. 

With the following measurements you should  be able to get fluffy pancakes..well, fluffier than this I hope.  Or..I don't know why they weren't fluffy to be honest :( 

In case you missed my last post, I'm currently in a newly furnished house in Berlin with a..rather deprived kitchen.

And I don't speak German so it's a bit difficult at the supermarket with my little dictionary on my phone.  I think I got baking powder.... that shouldn't have been the problem...

 I'm working form 9 to 18:30 every weekday, and then I'm the typical tourist when I'm not working so there's really very little time to cook. And I have no internet at home so I have to use it at the office when people aren't watching to post on Happy Belly.  Apologies. 

Serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 egg

Method
Mix the dry ingredients together.  Whisk all the other ingredients together and whisk in the dry mixture. 

Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the pancakes in batches, about a minute or two each side.  You'll know to flip when the edges are set and you've got bubbles on the surface.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner