Monday 10 June 2013

Quick Whole Wheat Yoghurt Flatbread


Flatbread? Naan? Tortilla?  Call it what you want, it's fantastic because it requires only yoghurt and whole wheat flour, and it takes 10 minutes to make.  I made it for breakfast. Look, this is the wrap I made for myself for breakfast - it had tomatoes, boiled eggs, mustard and cheese. Yum.  




I'm in Germany now and I love the idea of having a nice sandwich for breakfast.  They don't cost much in bakeries here either, just around €1.50.  A coffee costs more than that here.  But since I have to update my blog, I need to try to cook breakfast at home.  I've been eating out two meals a day.  Lunch is always at work and we go out to eat for that.  Dinner, I'm flattered my colleagues and friends invite me out for dinner, and it's the first week, I want to make friends, so I go out with them.  It's nice because at my last internship people in the office didn't really like me and I had to eat lunch alone everyday.......

So the point is the only meal I can make at home is breakfast.  I think I prefer savory breakfasts..But you could fill this with jam and stuff as well :)





makes about 3
Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup yoghurt
pinch of salt

Method
in a bowl, mix the salt and flour together, then mix in the yoghurt.  Form a dough and knead for a couple of minutes.  Add more flour if necessary, it should just not stick to your hands, don't make it too dry.   Leave that to rest under a towel for about 5 minutes. 

Divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick.   

On the stove, heat a pan over high heat.  Don't add any oil, and when it's smoking hot, place the rolled out dough onto the pan and it should start bubbling immediately.  Well, if it doesn't, don't worry.  Just cook for about 1/2 minute on each side.  Check the bottom, when it's got little dark spots, flip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner