Thursday 18 October 2012

Baked Oatmeal with Bananas and Peanut Butter

I suppose this is more of a breakfast, but it's a perfectly reasonable afternoon snack and if you add more sugar in it, it could be a healthy dessert.
 I had brought it to one of our weekly Psychology lunches.  You know, I stress too much about these lunches.  This week was the first time I had organized it all by myself -- all the shopping, all the cooking -- just me.  I actually couldn't sleep the night before because I was worried it would go wrong, and I had been planning the shopping list for 3 days.  I wanted to make my own things but still have enough money to get the normal sandwich breads and dips and veggies and all that so people can still make their own sandwiches.  I'm worried that I would give myself too much work and people might not like what I cook, so people need to be able to make their own sandwiches. 

 Ideally, I'd like to cook more.  I'd do a pasta salad, a rice salad, some breads and spreads/dips, a vegetable salad, some fruits and a dessert. It would all be within the budget constraint given upon me.  This is how I would maximize the utility.  Excuse me, I have my Microeconomics test on Monday, and I'm stressing about it because I'm going to a Psychology field trip this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to because it's just 2 days of bonding with fellow psychology students and professors! But I need to study since my last microeconomics test did not go well. It really did not go well.  I'll talk about Prague and my breakdown and my microeconomics test next time.

Make this for breakfast if you want.  The original recipe says it's for breakfast, i think it serves 4.  Or 2 if you're hungry.

Recipe from here 
Ingredients
2 cups instant oats
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk of choice
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp honey
7 tbsp peanut butter
2-3 bananas

Method
Preheat oven to 180C and grease a baking tray
In a bowl, mix the oats with the baking powder and stir in the milk, eggs and honey, and mix until well-combined
Transfer mixture to the tray and dollop peanut butter evenly
Thinly slice the bananas, and depending on how big your baking tray is, place the slices on top and you may not need 3 bananas.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner