Thursday 25 July 2013

Citrussy Olive Tapenade

I'm now the girl in the office that makes all kinds of dips and spreads.

So despite being in Berlin, all my colleagues are Italian, and there's nothing I hate more than cooking for Italians.  Italians are so...conservative. I'm sure you know.  It has to be done just this one way, the way their mother does it.  No changes, no creativity, they want authenticity.  So forget trying to cook them anything remotely Italian at work.  Therefore I make spreads.  I've made my guacamole, hummus and last Saturday I made this tapenade for them, and they liked it.  See, don't make pasta for Italians, make something totally not Italian and they'll try it.

Plus I don't have much in my kitchen and I borrowed a food processor from the office so it's one of the few things I can make. 
 
 This is a..more refreshing tapenade because of all the citrus notes.  Lots of lemon zest, lots of orange zest, and not so much garlic and anchovy fillets. 



Ingredients
400g black olives, drained and pitted
2 tbsp capers
3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
1 small garlic clove
juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
a bunch parsley
zest of 1/2 an orange
olive oil

Method
Put the capers, anchovy fillets, lemon zest, orange zest and parsley in a food processor and pulse until blended.  Add the olives and pulse until a paste forms.  While the machine runs, pour in the olive oil until it reaches the texture you like. 

3 comments:

  1. haha i know too well how conservative and annoying it can get :) i often make something similar. so delicius especially if u have good olives! what are you up to in berlin? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so jealous of your truffle feast by the way. And just here for an internship! We should catch up sometime! How are things?? x

      Delete
  2. yeh things in australia are great! i am really loving my job and all! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner