Tuesday 30 July 2013

Cafe Slörm (Berlin)


Good honest coffee, good ambiance, and good people. What else do you need from a café? This café, situated in Prenzlauerberg, Berlin, faces Danzigerstrasse, with small wooden coffee tables, chairs and stools outside - hard to miss because you’ll always see a few people there reading a book, chatting with friends, or just there enjoying the coffee. Despite facing a major road, it’s very quiet. Small and dainty, inside is filled with gorgeous vintage furniture like 70’s bar stools. It’s.. hipster but unpretentious. Both the baristas and the diners are down to earth people. It’s a place where you can chat with the baristas, and my goodness they’re good people.

Once I went, and upon paying, I couldn’t find my wallet. I told the barista, Stefan, that I would run back home and grab it and that I would be back in 10 minutes. The barista looked at the ready-made coffee and insisted that I drink the coffee first, as it would go cold. I could have just run away afterwards, but no, I left the coffee home and ran back home. I ran back in the speed of light but after 10 minutes of turning my house inside out I could not find my wallet. I ran back to the café and the barista was there with my wallet. “We tried to get in contact with you to let you know you left your wallet here but there was no number inside or anything.” My jaw dropped. See, I’m Chinese and Italian, I come from populations that are used to robbing people blind. If this was in Italy or China, the barista would have kept the wallet and that was that.  Plus he's cute as well, which is always a plus. 
 This place has one of the best coffees I’ve had in this town. It has a very relaxing and friendly atmosphere, with few things on the menu so the point is coffee. They have cookies, scones, cupcakes and some sandwiches, that don’t appear to be particularly enticing, but looks can be deceiving.


So – it has a very relaxing and friendly atmosphere, the coffee is fantastic and the people are too nice. Be sure to make a visit.
Cafe Slörm
sloerm.net
+49 30 70083687
Danzigerstrasse 53, 10435 Berlin
Mon-Fri: 8:00-18:00
Sat & Sun: 10:00-18:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner