Saturday 28 January 2012

Curried Soba Noodles with Mushrooms, Cabbage and Eggs

I've been on holiday for more than a week now and I hate this stress-free lifestyle.  Yes, I'm one of those women that will never be happy.  During term time I'm too stressed out but right now I'm too relaxed.  I thought I'd enjoy staying home and cooking and reading and watching movies and going out, but somebody give me an essay to write, please.  I can't enjoy not having anything to do.  I can't even not set an alarm on weekends or holidays.  The idea of sleeping without an alarm frightens me.  I like waking up early and being productive.  I do enjoy holidays when I've got things to do though.  When I've got a full program planned ahead, it's all good.

My exam results come out next Thursday. That's something to stress about.  I think I'll go back to solving my rubik's cube again.  



Prep time: 20 min  Cook time: 15 min   Serves: 2    Suitable for: a light lunch

Ingredients
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup chopped Chinese cabbage
1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
2 eggs, lightly beaten
150g soba noodles

Method
Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender, drain, and set aside.
Soak the mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes, drain, and reserve the liquid.
Scramble the eggs and set aside.
Start by frying the onion in some oil.  Once softened, add the garlic and spices and fry for an additional minute or two.  Add the scrambled eggs, mushrooms, cabbage and toss evenly just until the cabbage softens. Add the mushroom liquid when it feels a bit dry.  Gently mix in the noodles and make sure it's coated with everything.  Season to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner