Monday 30 January 2012

Soft Oat Bran Cookies

Cookies, mini deflated muffins, i don't know what I should call them.  These are hugely popular in the Dukan diet world.  In the Dukan diet you're allowed about 2 tbsp of oat bran a day, and that's about all the carbs you get.  

It's terrible because I was just on holiday.  I had a two week Christmas break, then two weeks of exams, and now I'm on holiday again.  Too much holiday weight gain.  I've been going to buffets and restaurants way too much.  I keep telling myself it's ok, I'm on holiday.  I really need to go back to school.  

Anyway, back to these cookies.  I added some spices and some dried fruits in it,  it may not be approved by dear Dr.Dukan, but still incredibly healthy.  Make them a part of your breakfast.   


Prep time: 5 min  Cook time: 20 min  Makes: 6 cookies  Suitable for:  your diet-friendly tea parties

Ingredients
3 tbs oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp yoghurt
1 egg
1 tsp allspice
2 tbsp mixed dried fruits

Method
Preheat oven to 180C.  Mix the dry ingredients together and stir in the wet ingredients. Put them in little cupcake moulds because it's a really wet dough and bake for 20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner