Tuesday 17 January 2012

Easy Chocolate Amaretti

You can tell how stressed I am by how much I bake.  Three days ago I managed to make two different types of cookies and bagels.



Amaretti recipes are usually a lot more complicated than this, while I'll try to make real amaretti with all the complicated bits soon, these were quite satisfactory for the lazy cook.  As you can see, they're a bit flat, I don't want to blame the recipe, it was probably me, but hopefully with other recipes with more complicated procedures they'll rise a bit more.  They were still very tasty.  I looove almonds.



Dan Lepard's Recipe
Ingredients
75g ground almonds
125g caster sugar
1tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites

Method
Mix all the ingredients together and make little dollops on a grease proofed baking tray.  Dust generously with icing sugar and leave it, uncovered, overnight.  The next day put them in a preheated oven of 230C and let them bake for 15-20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner