Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sweet Corn Breakfast Souffle

Sometimes I have cereal and milk for breakfast.  In fact, I always like to have my cereal in a mixture of milk and espresso.  I make my espresso early in the morning, take a shower, get dressed, by then the coffee has cooled down, and I mix it with some cold soya milk (yes I prefer soya milk with my cereal) and I pour it over my All Bran.   Anyway, sometimes I do that, sometimes I feel like treating myself.
It's a cheat's souffle really, because it's really easy, so don't expect it to be like a perfectly formed tower of chocolate souffle.

I love sweet corn, I really do.

Oh and amazing news! yesterday Happy Belly hit 15,000 all time pageviews! Ahhh! Made my day :)  So thank you all :)

Prep time: 10 min  Cook time: 30 min  Serves: 1 

Ingredients
1 corn on the cob
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 egg whites
1 tbsp cornmeal

Method
Cut the kernels off the corn on the hob and put it in the food processor along with the milk, maple syrup and cornmeal.
Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
In a bowl, put in the corn mixture, then gently fold in egg whites.  Put in a buttered ramekan and bake for about 30 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner