Thursday 18 April 2013

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes

Yes, I know, I have too many pancake recipes.


I enjoy my pancakes.  I love pancakes for breakfast.  Pancakes shouldn't be a weekend thing! And pancakes shouldn't be unhealthy and/or plain!  Admittedly, I love those fluffy American pancakes, but those are a weekend thing.  This and the following are everyday things.

Saffron pancakes,  apple pancakes, yeast pancakes, soaked oatmeal pancakes, carrot pancakes


And these are just my sweet pancake recipes. 

Let them inspire you, have fun with them, be creative with your daily healthy pancakes to kick start your day!



Serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar (or to taste. depends if your peanut butter is sweetened)
1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup almond milk

Method
Mix the dry ingredients together. 

Put the peanut butter in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds just to soften it.  Add the milk and whisk with a fork.  Mix with the dry ingredients.

Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the pancakes in batches, about a minute or two each side.  You'll know to flip when the edges are set and you've got bubbles on the surface.   

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there can be such a thing as too many pancake recipes. These look delicious and I love that they're vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm glad you think so :D tell me if you try them out :)

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner