Thursday 8 November 2012

Chickpea Flour Wraps

And I got chickpea/gram flour finally.  I saw loads of recipes with chickpea flour before, but never took note of any because I thought, well, don't have chickpea flour, nowhere to get chickpea flour in this small town, no need to save the recipe.  Well, if you've been reading my blog, you know that I just went to Edinburgh and went to a health shop -- and I bought chickpea flour. 

I know, the best thing I can do without a recipe if you give me any sort of flour is crepe-like things.  This was my lunch, but I think I might make it for breakfast tomorrow with like a sweet filling. 
 On a side note, I hate boys.  They take up too much time, I honestly do not have time for boys. I've got my Economics essay to write, I'm behind on my other economics stuff, I haven't read the readings for Psychology, I still need to worry about the two societies I'm involved with, I've got Happy Belly, and on top of all that I have to worry about socializing with people so that I can still have friends.  No time for boys.  It's not even the idea of physically spending time with a boy, I don't have the mental capacity to worry about boys, to check my phone every 10 minutes, and to simply be more stressed than I already am.  My friend's father is right --- no time for boys in university, I have to worry about my degree, that's the most important thing.  Thank you, Mr. Prosser. 

Ingredients
Chickpea Crepes
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup water

Filling
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 can tomatoes
1/4 eggplant, diced
1 tbsp raisins
1/2 tbsp capers

Method
-Start with the filling.  Fry the onion in oil, when browned and softened, add all the other ingredients. -Fry over medium heat, adding water when dry, until everything's softened.

-Meanwhile, mix the chickpea flour with water with a whisk until it's all well combined with no lumps.
-Heat a bit of oil in a pan, make sure the oil coats the whole bottom surface of it.  When hot, add a bit of the mixture in, just enough that it coats the bottom of the pan, you want it thin.  Fry over low heat for just a couple of minutes as it will cook fast, then flip it over for a couple of more seconds.  Repeat with the rest of the batter. 

Put the filling in the chickpea crepes and roll it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner