Monday 19 November 2012

Sun-Dried Tomato Crackers/Flat Breads

I'm actually bored.  I had a horrible realization yesterday afternoon in the library as I was wallowing in my sorrows.  I had submitted my last piece of coursework for the semester and I didn't know what I would do the next day.  I didn't feel like working, so I didn't want to go back to the library, and I don't like staying at home.  I didn't know where to go.  It's been so long since I last.. didn't have to go to the library, that I actually didn't know what I would do if I wasn't going to the library.  It's not that I don't have friends, it's just that they still have coursework.  So last night I stayed up and looked for things to do in Edinburgh and wrote down a list of galleries that I wanted to visit.  I came here, actually worked a bit, caught up on some Psychology stuff, went to the galleries, and now I'm in a cafe, bored.  I need more friends.  I need more friends in Edinburgh.  I practically only have one friend in Edinburgh who's currently not replying to my request for company for dinner.  I don't mind dining out alone, I do it often enough, but it's between now and dinner... It's dark already, but it's only 17:00, I should wait until 18:30 at the earliest.  That's 1.5 more hours.  So I'm updating my blog, in dire need of friends and entertainment of some sort.  Again, winter and hormones. 


It's hard to describe these things.  I got the recipe from here and they called these flat breads but for me it's a cross between bread and crackers.  The original has pistachios in them as well, which I bet would be even more delicious, but unfortunately I didn't have any in my cupboard.
Recipe from here 

Ingredients
5 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup stone ground, garbanzo bean flour
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 egg and 1 egg white
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme

Method
Preheat an oven to 180C.  Coat a large, baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Into a large bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, garbanzo bean flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the egg and egg white and thyme and stir vigorously to combine. The dough will be very stiff at this point. Add the chopped tomatoes and work them into the dough.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times. Pat and roll into 10-inch disc about 1/4 inch thick. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 pieces and place them at least i inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and bake until dry and lightly browned, 10 minutes longer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner