Friday 16 November 2012

Overnight Chocolate Coconut Oats and Chia

Happy Belly's been a bit..inactive in November.  So what have I been doing in November, not updating Happy Belly?  Work. Work, work work.  Not even academic work. Ok, yes academic work, but the past three days have just been surreal.  I was working from 8 to 22, walking about 7, 8 miles a day, meeting and talking with the most fascinating people, not writing my Econ essay, and falling behind on both my Microecon class and Cognition class. 

All I can say is, expect good breakfast recipes in the next couple of days and not much else since I'll be leaving the house after breakfast and then only coming back from the library after dinner.

This is one of those power breakfasts that will get you through the day.  It's like an overnight oatmeal dish but with the addition of chia seeds for that extra boost of healthiness.  Coconut and chocolate are two flavors I always enjoy together, but do what you will -- add nuts, honey, dried fruits, coffee and whatever you like in the morning. 

I'm gonna go back to my essay now.  15:10 and the day's already getting dark.  Yup, it's that time of year again, where I'm just going to complain and complain and sink into a never ending cycle of stress and frustrations and.... I should think about my breakfast tomorrow, that always cheers me up.  Maybe some muffins.  Hmm.   

serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp shredded coconut
1/2 tbsp sugar

Method
Put everything in a jar, put on the lid and shake until well mixed.  Leave in refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner