Thursday 2 August 2012

Spicy Steamed Meat Patties

I bought a book on steamed recipes. These were actually meant to be kebab sticks but as I had no skewers, patties they became. It’s spicy and diet-friendly, actually, it’s even Dukan-diet-friendly I believe. Very yummy, make sure you don’t oversteam them, I did and they became a bit dry. That’s what happens whenever I steam something, I feel like they can’t “burn” or anything, so I forget about them…but they can still overcook! Excuse the photo, sometimes when it’s late in the afternoon, and by that I mean 2 or 3, i.e. too late for lunch for me, my hunger takes over my blog needs, and so my lack of patience leads me to take bad photos before the meal’s even ready (it’s meant to be paired with tomatoes and greek yoghurt, please do, they make a big difference).
I made these with veal, but if you have some ethical issues with that (and so I presume you’ve obviously never had a good veal carpaccio, you poor thing), use ground beef or lamb.  Ohhh I wonder how they’d be with tofu if you’re vegetarian/vegan.  Yea, why not try with tofu.  You may need an egg or two or some liquid to hold it together.  Or if you use silken tofu you may need to add some starch.  Try it! I’m intrigued, I’m gonna try it– my local supermarket’s tofu’s on offer right now until the 8th of August so that will be a large part of my diet in the next couple of days.

Ingredients
750g ground veal/beef/lamb
1 onion, finely chopped
½ tbsp. cinnamon
½ tbsp. oregano
½ tbsp. oregano
½ tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3 basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 sprig coriander, finely chopped
1 sprig parsley, finely chopped

Serve with
drizzle of olive oil
chopped tomatoes
greek yoghurt

Method
Mix all the ingredients together and form into patties or put onto skewers.  Steam for 10 minutes on a bed of lettuce leaves.  Drizzle with olive oil and serve with greek yoghurt and chopped tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner