Friday 7 December 2012

Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprouts Hash

It was my birthday two days ago, and I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes, those that celebrated it with me, and especially those that gave me lovely presents!
I just turned 20.  I feel like a proper adult now.  There are still 19-year-olds in high school, but if you're 20, well, you should be out of high school.  I felt old for the first time just this summer when I found some of my younger cousin's friends attractive, and stopped and thought.. Wait, they're 16.  This is inappropriate.  It's weird because I'm often the youngest person in my social circle, but now that I'm in my 3rd year in university, I'm befriending younger people.  Hell,  I'm pretty sure my current crush is younger than me. Well, not that it matters anyway.  I'm currently just the embarrassing customer to him, but I won't go into that. 

 My friend Andrew came over for lunch today.  I had wanted to make this for breakfast today, but instead I had cereal, and so this became lunch.

Feel free to add some bacon into this. Or cubed apples, or sausages or other root vegetables. 

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cups of brussel sprouts, sliced
2-4 eggs

Method
Preheat the oven to 180C
With a cast iron pan, or just pan with a metal handle so you can put it into the oven, fry the leeks in a pan with some oil until softened, a couple of minutes. 
Add the sweet potatoes and sautee for about 10 minutes, adding water when it gets dry.
Add the brussel sprouts and cook for a couple of more minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
Crack 3 eggs into the pan and put the pan into the oven for about 5 more minutes or until the eggs are cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner